We have another sweet treat for you this Wines by Wives Food Pairing Friday. Make this White Wine Granita with any of our great white wines: http://bit.ly/WBWwinestore
This recipe serves 2
8.4 oz water
1/3 cup white sugar
4 sprigs rosemary
5 ounces of any Wines by Wives white wine
1 splash freshly squeezed lemon juice
1. bring water, sugar and rosemary to a boil. turn off heat, cover and let stand.
2. when cooled and infused with the scent of rosemary stir in wine and lemon juice.
3. freeze in container for at least three hours, stirring often as it solidifies.
serve garnished with a sprig of rosemary.
Even the name of this easy to make wine cocktail is enough to give you the creeps! the Ignus Fatuus features that great pumpkin flavor you crave in the fall and Halloween!
2 oz of any Wines by Wives Chardonnay
1 oz cognac
½ oz simple syrup
½ oz apple cider
1 heaping teaspoon of spiced pumpkin pie mix
shake hard and fine strain into a cocktail glass
Shop Wines by Wives Chardonnay
Recipe from Jamie Boudreau
Get your Halloween cocktails ready with this week’s Wines by Wives Wine Cocktail Wednesday! Sparkling Green Goblin
– 1.5 oz Moscato
– 1.5 oz Wines by Wives Chatom Cuvée
– 2 oz spiced apple cocktail mixer
– Rim the edge of a champagne flute with green sugar crystals.
– Pour well-chilled Moscato, Cuvée, and spiced apple cocktail mixer into the flute and stir.
– Garnish with a skewered green grape and, for a deeper green color, add one drop of green food color.
Shop Wines by Wives Chatom Cuvée 2009
Recipe from Barefoot Wines
Do you live in or near Orange County, CA? Do you consider yourself a hard working, very organized, fast thinking, detail oriented and ready to rise to any occasion?
Wines by Wives is looking for an assistant for our Orange County Office (and yes that includes our housewives)! One last thing, you have to be comfortable in front of cameras. If this sounds like you shoot us an email to Jobs@winesbywives.com with:
- your resume
- cover letter
- include a paragraph about why YOU would be the absolute best candidate to work with Wines by Wives.
- your photo
Clock watchers need not apply! You have until October 30, 2012 to submit your entry. Good Luck!
Got any green grapes around? Try this simple twist on the Martini!
– 12 large seedless green grapes (2 halved grapes for garnish)
– 2 ounces ice wine
– 2 ounces vodka
Directions: In a blender, puree the 10 whole grapes with the ice wine and vodka. Pour the puree through a tea strainer into an ice-filled cocktail shaker and shake well. Strain again into a large chilled martini glass and garnish with the grape halves.
Shop Wines by Wives Wines
Recipe from: Food and Wine
About 1 in 8 (12%) women in the US will develop invasive breast cancer during their lifetime. – breastcancer.org
October is National Breast Cancer Awareness month, and with breast cancer affecting so many women, Tamra Barney chose to give back to Living Beyond Breast Cancer via Wines by Wives. As always, proceeds from the sale of each of Tamra’s pink ribbon wine glasses goes to Living Beyond Breast Cancer. A portion of your initial membership to Wines by Wives also goes to your chosen celebrities’ charity.Help spread awareness. Cheers to the survivors and fighters, let’s kick cancer’s butt! http://bit.ly/TamrasPinkRibbon