It’s January and the coldest months of winter are coming. Warm up with this Hot Spiced Drunken Apple Cider. Make this recipe with any of our Wines by Wives white wines- base your wine choice on how sweet you like your cider.
- 1/2 gallon apple cider (unfiltered was used in this recipe)
- 3/4 bottle of any Wines by Wives white wine (white wine which is not too dry)
- 4-5 sticks of cinnamon
- 4-5 cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nut meg
- 1 vanilla bean split lengthwise
- 3-4 tablespoons honey (depends on how sweet the wine you’re using)
- cup or so of fresh cranberrries (of cubes of apple if not in cranberry season
- Put the cider and all spices in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- When on low heat add the wine. Do not boil again so the alcohol won’t evaporate too much, just let it warm.
- Add the cranberries and simmer for a few more minutes until they color the liquid a bit.
Recipe from :food52.com