For this Wines by Wives wine cocktail Wednesday we have a simple, Honey-Pomegranate Mulled Wine. This spicy warm cocktail is great for chillier winter nights. Try it with any of our great red wines: http://bit.ly/WBWRedWines
- 1 Bottle of Red Wine (low-mid range Zinfindels and Cabs work well)
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 teaspoon whole clove
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large heavy pot, like a dutch oven, or your crock-pot.
- Stir well to dissolve the honey, slowly warm over low heat, without boiling.
- Keep it barely hot all day, topping up with more wine, juice, and honey.
- Serve in mugs or thick, heat-safe glass.
Recipe and photo from: Food52.com