Our sweet tooth is still here, and we’re itching for a hint of summer! This week’s Wines by Wives Food Pairing Friday recipe satisfies our craving for both- with wine. Try making this Merlot Strawberries with Marscapone Vanilla Cream with any of our great Merlots.
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 2 1/2 cups Wines by Wives Merlots
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 6 cups sliced strawberries
- Combine mascarpone, cream, and 2 tablespoons sugar; scrape seeds from vanilla bean into mixture (reserve pod). Beat with a mixer on low speed until soft peaks form. Cover and chill.
- In a 4- to 6-quart pan over medium heat, frequently stir wine, lemon juice, remaining sugar, and vanilla bean pod until mixture is simmering, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in strawberries. Let cool about 1 hour.
- Ladle strawberries and liquid into wineglasses or goblets (at least 8 oz.). Top with mascarpone cream.
Recipe From: James Carrier, my recipes