Today our new sign went up, right by the Holland Tunnel in NYC! Honk if you love wine!
Who can’t wait for the time to put your feet up, and wine down? … Have great wines delivered to your door by http://www.winesbywives.com
It’s the first day of Spring, and we can’t wait for the fresh, crisp air and the warm breezes. Today’s Wines by Wives Wine Cocktail Wednesday drink is a preview of the wonderful season of new beginnings, cool nights, and blowy afternoons. The Lily Pad, is made with Pinot Grigio, and is as refreshing and relaxing as having brunch outside on a Spring morning. Try it with our new St. Marina Pinot Grigio found here: http://bit.ly/WBWSMPG or any of your favorite Wines by WIves Pinot Grigio‘s found here: http://bit.ly/WBWWhiteWine
Build in a glass over ice. Squeeze lemon wedge on top. Stir. You can garnish with a lime wedge.
Recipe From The Wine Bar
Carla Facciolo is back to Midway Wines and Liquors for a meet and greet this Saturday, March 9, 2013. We know many of you couldn’t make it last time because of the snow storm, but here’s another chance to meet your favorite Mob Wife. This time Carla is bringing Drita and Big Ang with her! You can meet the ladies from 1-4 pm at Midway Wines and Liquors 973 Central Park Ave, Scarsdale, NY 10583
Don’t forget to check out Carla Facciolo’s wine club: http://bit.ly/CFWineClub
Being snowed in is giving us a sweet tooth. These red wine lollipops are fun project for a day in. Any of our sweet red wines are great for this Wines by Wives Food Pairing Friday sweet Valentine’s day treat. We recommend Merlot, Shiraz or Chianti all found here: http://bit.ly/WBWRedWines
1 1/2 cups + 2 tablespoons Red wine (Merlot, Shiraz or Chianti: http://bit.ly/WBWRedWines)
3 tablespoons corn syrup
3/4 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoons kosher salt
12 lollipop sticks
gold luster dust (optional)
hard candy lollipop molds or a silicone mat
1. Bring red wine to a simmer in a small saucepan (Image 1). Simmer wine until reduced to 1/3 cup. This should take about 20-25 minutes. Remove from stovetop and let cool completely.
2. In a medium saucepan combine sugar, corn syrup, salt and wine reduction. Stir until combined.
3. Clip a candy thermometer to the side of the saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
4. Stir occasionally with a heatproof spatula until all sugar granules have dissolved.
5. Boil until candy temperature registers 298-310 degrees F on a candy thermometer.
6. Remove from heat and fill greased lollipop molds with the hot candy.
7. Place lollipop sticks in the stick crevices and rotate until the stick is coated in the hot candy. Alternatively, you may also drop the hot candy from a spoon onto a silicone mat or parchment paper, making two- to three-inch disks and leaving room to place — and rotate — the lollipop sticks.
8. Allow the lollipops to harden completely.
9. These are best if you wait a day to consume them, as this gives the red wine flavor plenty of time to develop.
10. Embellish with luster dust (Image 2), if desired, and store between sheets of parchment paper in an airtight container.
Enjoy your snow day and stay safe everyone!
Recipe and photo from HGTV
Carla meeting fans earlier today! For more information on her wine club and charity please visit http://bit.ly/CFWineClub